Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Images...


How did she know this would become one of my most treasured and cherished gifts?

Memories
are the most beautiful pictures
our minds can paint and
nothing can ever erase them.

Shaniel gave me this beautiful tile for my birthday in 2009. Little did I know how deep the meaning would become several years later. 

Did she know? 

Somewhere deep inside her heart... did she know I would need to see these consoling words. I have this gift sitting in my family room where I can see it easily. Memories of Shaniel cross my mind daily. They are beautiful images that can never be erased. 

Images of kissing her soft newborn baby cheek as she lay sleeping in my arms. Images of her toddler days running to keep up with her big sisters. Images of her big beautiful dancing hazel eyes. Images of her mischievous grin and causing me to wonder what she was up to next! Images of her jumping off the chest of drawers, flipping, and bouncing like tigger. Images of peddling her bike with spunk and determination.

Images of a young girl just baptized and witnessing the purity, the goodness, and spirit of her countenance. Images of her caring for her baby sister and twins down the street. She always had a baby on her hip. Images of her excelling in gymnastics. Images of a young woman and her desire to live the YW values. Images of her laughter and humor. Images of her double jointed fingers and pigeon toes. Oh... how I loved them!

Images of her as a young mother kissing her newborn baby's cheek. Images of dedication to a growing family. Images of her hugs and kisses to her hurting and sick child. Images of perseverance in her nursing studies. Images of work ethic. Images of optimism and growth. Images of faith and determination to grow intellectually and spiritually. 

Images of a beautiful daughter that had grown into a woman of beauty. Both on the inside and out. Images of a woman that loved with all her heart. A woman of compassion. A woman grown up. A woman that endured, cheerfully, to the very end. Trials and tribulations did not get her down. 

Yes, and I am grateful that she knew what gift I would need! Tender words that reach into my heart and fill my soul with gratitude for the memories I have. 

I will make more memories with her. Our day will come! I will pass to the other side and she will be there to meet me. We will embrace as never before. We will hold each other as never before. We will laugh. We might even have some cries. But, we will hold hands into the eternities and continue on... yes, continue on making great memories as mother and daughter. 

Please leave a comment and share a memory of Shaniel. Would love to hear a specific memory. It would mean so much to us, her family, to have those memories live on. We love you all for your kindness and love. 

1 comment:

  1. I mostly remember hers and Heidi's laughter intertwined as they played when they were little. They were such good friends. I'm glad the gift has brought you such comfort.

    ReplyDelete